Sunday, March 17, 2013

Welcome

Eating healthy was always very important for me. Taking time to cook food from scratch has been a priority, and when my kids reached school age, I decided that I was going to prepare healthy meals for them to bring to school. My husband and I are from a culture in which lunch is the big meal of the day. So, providing a school lunch that is healthy and nutritious is a must. It also has to be something that appeals to the kids and easy to eat, considering that they don't have too much time at lunch. I'm always looking for recipes that I can modify, to make them tasteful for them and easy to prepare for me. To the meal, I usually add milk or a low sugar juice and a desert that consist of fresh or dried fruits.

Talking to moms at school and in our community I've heard complaints on how frustrated they were not to have many ideas for school lunches. The working moms would say that they didn't have too much time to prepare something original for their kids. And considering that my kids' classmates complimented on their meals several times, I had the idea of starting this blog where I could pass on the recipes and ideas that I was using. My plan is to select healthy and easy to make small meals, adding pictures that will help parents and caregivers on their busy routines. I hope that they will be helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment