Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pasta Salad

Yesterday night I started thinking about what to send in the kids lunchboxes. I was tired and didn't feel like doing anything too complex... So, I boiled some pasta (rigatoni) in water and salt and planned to add a sauce the next morning. To the cold pasta I would add pesto sauce, which is my kid's favorite, and we had Pasta Salad!!! Sometimes, I add cherry tomatoes cut in half and diced fresh mozzarella cheese. It's a hit with the kids!!! But you can always change the cheese and add a vegetable of your choice.




As I mentioned I used store bought pesto. During the summer months, when I grow herbs, I make my own sauce. I skip the garlic, because my husband doesn't like it. But when it's cold, I find it easier to buy at the store. This one from Costco, Kirkland brand, is extremely tasty and the whole family loves it. It can also be used on sandwiches, pizzas and chicken dishes. IMPORTANT: it contains pine nuts!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment