Monday, September 30, 2013

Veggie wraps

Here I am one more time trying to incorporate vegetables on my kids school lunches. As they love wraps, I created a veggie one with ingredients that they like. I washed one zucchini and one yellow squash, cut them in half, removed the seeds and cut again in thin stripes. After I saute them with olive oil and salt for two minutes. While it was cooling down I shredded one carrot. When I was ready to assemble, I got one multi-grain wrap, arranged  two slices of Havarti cheese (can be any sliced cheese) close to the border and on top put a handful of the zucchini, yellow squash and the shredded carrots. Started by rolling the tortilla and cheese on top of the veggies, then tucked in both sides and finally rolled until the end. To glue I spread a bit of mayo, but I'm sure my kids would prefer hummus. Next time!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment